Monitor problem

Drazpaz 09:54 03 Oct 2004

When I start up my computer my lcd monitor (Iiyama Prolite E431s) screen continually goes black and then back to normal when i do stuff on the computer. It is now getting really annoying. Any ideas?

g0nvs 09:59 03 Oct 2004

You could try switching off hibernation. Sounds like you have it on & when you press a key etc. your pc wakes up.

JonnyTub 10:12 03 Oct 2004

Use the monitor on another pc, if the same thing happens again and it's still under warranty send it back for repair. If it doesn't then it's most likely your connection to / or graphics card. Check the pins aren't bent on the monitor plug, if all looks ok then make sure your graphics card is seated in its slot firmly, while your there, take it out and push it back in, this helps get rid of the oxidisation on the contacts. Once you've done all that start focusing your attention on the card's drivers, i.e. download the latest from the manufacturer's website but make sure you uninstall the old one first.

Post your findings here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?