monitor to picture colours

mr gee 22:09 15 Aug 2006

Hi while i am working with photos on screen I get them to look just right then I go to print them out and the colours are a lot deeper and the photo comes out darker. i know it must be summat simple that i arent doing --but as a simple old un i cant just fathom it out ---help. !!

ta ever so

Jak_1 22:15 15 Aug 2006

It's all to do with the physics of light, ink, printer software etc. What you see on screen rarely looks as good when printed unless usind dedicated comercial software and printers.

Pictures on screen are radiated light similar to a tv screen, the printerd picture is relected light. Suggest lightening the onscreen picture to lighten the final print, it will be a case of trial and error.

mr gee 22:20 15 Aug 2006

thanks Jak_1 i will do that and just get a too light looking one on screen and as you say that should work?

Judderman 22:21 15 Aug 2006

If the problem is just darkness you can play with the gamma settings in the printer driver, but that can be a bit hit and miss (you use a lot of ink and paper that way). I found that using the printer makers own paper gives much better results than generic, I suggest you try that.

woodchip 22:21 15 Aug 2006

This can be a problem. But you may be able to create a Colour Map right in your Printer software. When you choose print, go to Properties\Advanced Custom etc look for colour sliders that alter the colour and brightness etc set and print a small picture then if it's OK save the Settings and give it a Name. You can then easy load the Colour map next time you want to print photos

woodchip 22:22 15 Aug 2006

It's a case of Trial and error, until you get it right

mr gee 22:24 15 Aug 2006

thanks everyone woodchip -that seems to be the answer thanks guys

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?