Monitor - ' out of range'

ljupce83 11:53 25 Oct 2007

After changing resolution of monitor to the higher value, it shows out of range. It was accidentally changed. Now this resolution should be brought to a lower range, since the monitor is not working(monitor goes to standby), how this can be done? Bios setup is possible.I'm using Xp.Can i do it from Bios and how?
Thanx

mgmcc 11:59 25 Oct 2007

See if you can alter the resolution by booting into Safe Mode - tap the "F8" immediately after powering on and until the Boot Menu is displayed, then select the option to boot into Safe Mode.

If you can't alter the resolution, because the graphics driver isn't loaded in Safe Mode, you may still be able to run System Restore as the correct resolution setting will have been in the earlier version of the registry.

ventanas 12:04 25 Oct 2007

It should be possible, even though the main driver isn't running the setting is still there. Just drag the slider in display settings to the correct value as usual.

ventanas 12:05 25 Oct 2007

Sorry left out that this is in Safe Mode.

ambra4 12:27 25 Oct 2007

This error indicates that current monitor Refresh Rate is not correct via your display card i.e. Out of monitor range.

Connect a crt type monitor and change the refresh rate to the correct rate for the first monitor try 60Hz, once set and applyed, plug back in the first monitor

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?