Monitor out of Frequency

jono366 12:46 07 Mar 2005

I installed a new game on my pc last night when i done this it worked ok, But when i went back to play a game i already had on pc that worked fine before my monitor comes up with this error saying it is ok o frequency. I have went in to propertise in the display setting and put it down to 60 hertz. It was at 75 hertz when i went in there...... but still i cant get it to go. I have now tried a few setting in there and still no joy. Can anyone help me with this??

ty

Diodorus Siculus 16:15 07 Mar 2005

Do you mean that it will not play at any frequency? Try updating graphics card drivers / reinstalling the game / checking direct x.

start

run

dxdiag

jono366 17:05 07 Mar 2005

Not it works fine just not with this game anymore Where as it did before. Tried reinstaling game but still the same. The game used to work ok just not now so drivers and direct x must be fine. I just need to know if i am altering frequency in the right way on pc.. Was doing it through display setting then going to advanced.

Diodorus Siculus 17:30 07 Mar 2005

That is the best way as far as I know.

Have you tried to start the machine in VGA mode and see if it will play the game?

Stuartli 17:44 07 Mar 2005

You might be asking the graphics card to undertake too high a comibination of colours and resolution.

If you go to Display Properties once more>Settings>Advanced>Adapter and then click on the List All Modes button, you will be presented with the various combinations with which your card can cope.

In normal use a refresh rate of 85MHz suits the vast majority of users and cuts out any risk of suffering from screen flicker.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?