monitor not showing all web graphics

sizzles48 16:20 09 Feb 2008

I have just bought a new Digimate L-2041W Widescreen LCD monitor. It was plug and play but although it works it does not show all graphics particularly on the web. I have been into display properties and adjusted resolutions and pixels etc to no avail. I have also used the buttons on the monitor itself and still no luck. Its a real pain. Not sure what to do next- can anyone help? I'm a novice so can't cope too well with the techy stuff. I got this info from my system if its any help

Video Adapter Properties
Device Description NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500
Adapter String GeForce FX 5500
BIOS String Version 4.34.20.87.00
Chip Type GeForce FX 5500
DAC Type Integrated RAMDAC
Installed Drivers nv4_disp (6.14.10.8421 - nVIDIA Detonator 84.21)
Memory Size 256 MB

Lesley

Forum Editor 19:01 09 Feb 2008

when you say "it does not show all graphics particularly on the web"

Can you elaborate on this? What does it display in place of the graphics, and did you install the driver software that came with the monitor, or did you allow Windows to install its own driver?

Joe R 19:07 09 Feb 2008

sizzles48,

you will have to set your screen resolution, to its optimal size to get a full widescreen setting. (I am guessing this is your problem.

sizzles48 06:41 11 Feb 2008

HI Jo,

thanks for your response. I have already set the screen resolution and the widescreen aspect is fine. There was no CD driver supplied with the monitor it was just plug and play and came with a very basic manual. Its hard to describe the problem with graphics- some photos show normally while others are completely absent- an empty square box. The background of all web pages is one colour- the same as the background colour in Windows. There are no graphics backing the link buttons which simply show up in blue text like an email link. Web pages basically look like a child has drawn them with a pencil and ruler!!

Joe R 17:06 11 Feb 2008

sizzles48,

make sure you have the latest latest Sun Java. click here

This may be the reason you can't view all images on the net.

sizzles48 19:20 11 Feb 2008

Hi Joe
thanks again- I have now tried that and downloaded the java file. Unfortunately it has made no difference whatsoever.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?