monitor not recognised

Newuser2 20:47 20 Jun 2007

XP screwed itself up and I had to do a repair.
XP is OK now except that my LG monitor is not recognised all I get is default monitor showing and the ATI graphics drivers will not load.

woodchip 20:50 20 Jun 2007

You need to go into Display Settings in Safe Mode And choose show all monitors

ArrGee 20:51 20 Jun 2007

Load up the full range of LG monitor drivers and scroll down to the the one that fits best according to your model.

You may need to download the entire zip file first on LG Monitors, unzip then go to Device manager and Update drivers for the monitor.

click here

woodchip 20:52 20 Jun 2007

Forgot to add Display settings are, Right Click Desktop\Properties or Control Panel

Newuser2 21:17 20 Jun 2007

Thanks guys, trouble is it won't go into safe mode.
F8 just gives the boot sequence.

woodchip 21:18 20 Jun 2007

Try F5

Newuser2 08:58 21 Jun 2007

Thanks woodchip F5 got me into safe mode but there is no menu on any of the above that will let me change the monitor to show all monitors.
I've downloaded the correct driver but until I can get show all monitors the driver will not install & I get an error message.

woodchip 14:35 21 Jun 2007

You should be able to change it in Device Manager.
Right Click My Computer\Hardware\Device Manager. Click update driver and point it to the Driver

Newuser2 21:07 21 Jun 2007

woodchip I tried that one, no joy.
Its almost as though XP has not loaded some file or ? Looking at other threads it seems a common prob.

Newuser2 16:43 22 Jun 2007

Problem solved. I loaded the MBO cd and check all the programmes and it seems that when XP screwed itself up it messed up the AGP driver. Reinstalled everything and the monitor and graphics are all OK.
The only reason I can give for XP messing up was the fact I downloaded and installed IE7. which I have since unistalled.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone