Monitor not Displaying

wolfman10 11:09 14 Jan 2007

Hi folks.

I have just built a pc using a intel D945Gpm motherboard and a Sapphire ATI Radeon X550 (PCI Express) Graphics Card. I have checked that the motherboard supports PCI Express.
Upon boot up, Everything fired up, however the display on the monitor just read 'No Input Signal'. I have tried the monitor and cable i used with my laptop and it works. I took out the graphics card and just used the vga input on the motherboard and it still didn't work which leads me to believe that the problem lies with the motherboard.
Does anyone have any idea how to rectify this as i've run out of ideas.

Thanks for your time

Paul

disable onboard graphics (if it has it) dont know if that will help kind regards akanic

wolfman10 11:14 14 Jan 2007

how do i do that without seeing a display?

Fingees 11:16 14 Jan 2007

I take it you meant the VGA output from the motherboard.

When you tried withoutm the graphics card, did you reset the bios or the motherboard to use integrated graphics?

When you used the PCI graphics, did you attach
the separate power plug to the card?

wolfman10 11:18 14 Jan 2007

the graphics card doesnot require a seperate power supply and i know this because the fan was running

onboard graphics can be disabled in the bios usually pressing del at startup or f1.. see your motherboard manual for doing this ;)

think i will leave this to you Fingees....(how can he see bios without display dohhhhhhhhh) kind regards akanic

brundle 11:23 14 Jan 2007

Do you get any POST beeps?

wolfman10 11:25 14 Jan 2007

yes two or three

brundle 11:32 14 Jan 2007

Usually video problems have a specific beep code, can you be more precise?
click here

wolfman10 11:34 14 Jan 2007

when we push the power button the motherboard beeped twice

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?