Monitor Menu stuck on screen when PC starts up

collinsc 18:47 15 Oct 2007

On occasion (2 in 10) when we start the PC the Monitor Menu appears in the center of the screen- and we cant get rid of it (tried the monitor menu buttons). we either have to restart it and get lucky or work around it!

any suggestions?

thanks

collinsc 08:11 16 Oct 2007

no-one!?

LAP 08:36 16 Oct 2007

Is this recent? Have you installed any software?
Have you tried a system restore?

xania 08:53 16 Oct 2007

I assume that you have a desktop and not a laptop. I also assume this problem occurs during the POST - not just once Windows starts installing - which implies that you have a problem with the monitor itself rather than anywhere else(what happens if you just switch on the monitor and not the PC). I don't have a specific solution - in fact I suspect the problem could deteriorate with time - but I doubt you'll dop any good from switching off the PC, but you could benefit from switching off the monitor and switching on again after about 30 seconds.

€dstowe 09:10 16 Oct 2007

Check to see if the connectors are fully secured - computer end and monitor end.

collinsc 17:22 16 Oct 2007

it is a PC.
We had a motherboard issue a while back and it was "professionally" corrected - i think it started happening after this.

im not sure if ive tried switching the monitor on and off- i will try- but personally i think its a motherboard issue..

ta

xania 09:18 17 Oct 2007

If you are right then you will need to speak to your 'professional' about what he did that may have resulted in this phenomenon - its certainly not something I've come across before. However, if you can, try the monitor on a different PC and see if you clear the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone