Monitor Madness!!!!

andywg 12:48 17 Jan 2003
  andywg 12:48 17 Jan 2003

A friend of mine asked me to format her H/D which I did with no problems, she is running Win 98 SE, everything works fine except the monitor! It's picture quality on backgrounds the net etc is very poor (black & white or limited colours). Certain areas are very 'dotty' such as backgrounds. The monitor is a Daewoo 518x, I have checked device manager and everything is working fine! What can it be, Im stumped, please Help!!!

Many Thanks.......

Lozzy 12:51 17 Jan 2003

Sound like the driver try reinstalling the driver.. Whats the graphic card??

DieSse 13:01 17 Jan 2003

The display properties are set to too few colours, and maybe too low a resolution, and maybe too low a refresh rate (Control panel - Display properties)

This maybe because the graphics adapter is not correctly identified, and/or the monitor is not correctly specified.

You need to identify the graphics type correctly, then find and load the appropriate drivers. This will usually alow you to set up the parameters correctly.

You may also need to change the monitor type - if you can't find the correct type, and the default setting does not work correctly, then choose the Acer15P monitor type - this will give you acess to more settings.

andywg 13:05 17 Jan 2003

Its a trident 3d image something, cant remeber the exact model, did download a driver for it and the was no exclamation mark on the device manager, did i do something wrong?

DieSse 13:27 17 Jan 2003

How many colours is the display set to - you will need at an absolute minimum 256 colours. What choices do you have?

andywg 15:32 17 Jan 2003

The colour quality is set to 16 bit and thats the max it will go to, thats all i can tell you off the top of my head mate.

DieSse 00:31 19 Jan 2003

16bit colour is plenty - that is 65,000 colours approx. Are you sure you mean 16 bit, and not 16 colours?

Is this a standard monitor, or TFT?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?