monitor has inverted images- mouse works in revers

Newuser4654 18:30 21 Jul 2006

My young daughter when my back was turned, pressed on my laptop keyboard.
Now all images on the screen appear upside down and the mouse and/or pad work in reverse. A finger on the pad dragged to the right will move the arrow on the screen to the left.Can anyone please tell me I'm not going mad and offer a remedy.
Many thanks

Jackcoms 18:38 21 Jul 2006

System Restore.

Failing that, go into Control Panel and have a look at/adjust:

Appearance and Themes; Display - for the monitor.

Printer and Other Hardware; Mouse - for the mouse.

brundle 18:41 21 Jul 2006

try pressing ctrl alt and a cursor key, down i would assume to set the normal screen aspect

FelixTCat 18:49 21 Jul 2006

Are you standing on your head?

Young daughters do that to you :)

woodchip 18:52 21 Jul 2006

It you Graphics Software that you must have haltered. Right click on Desktop Properties Settings\Advanced Go to you Graphics Adapter software. You should also have a Icon in the System tray that will let you do the changes.

FelixTCat 18:54 21 Jul 2006

If you are using Omega drivers, you have a rotation option and it may have hotkeys assigned. Do as woodhip says, and look for a rotation or similar option.

Barnstaple boy 21:58 21 Jul 2006

If you're using Windows XP it's easy. Right click anywhere on the desktop and then move pointer to Graphics Options>Rotation>then click Normal. Your screen should now be the correct way up.

woodchip 22:05 21 Jul 2006

I have a Ati in thisComp I am on, After going through the above that I posted you should have something like this to change
[URL=click here][IMG]click here[/IMG][/URL]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?