Monitor goes funny after a couple of hours

TommyRed 18:45 06 Dec 2003

I've noticed that my TFT monitor goes funny ie the bottom two thirds go lighter and fuzzy and the cursor is virtually impossible to control. A quick reboot cures the problem. This has been happening since I got it a couple of weeks ago. My son is on it for long periods of time and I've never heard him complain, so it may be something I'm doing. Any ideas what it could be? My OS is XP home

BarryKeith 18:56 06 Dec 2003

It may be that you are operating it at a resolution that it does not like, when your son is playing games the resolution used is quite a bit lower than is normally used. Check on the handbook for your display, it should list the resolutions that it is designed to operate at, plus the others that will work but are not recommended (Which could be what is causing your problem.).

TommyRed 21:26 06 Dec 2003

BarryKeith
Have altered the resolution but will have to wait and see if there's any improvement. TR

TommyRed 19:21 08 Dec 2003

No it's still doing it, my resolution is as the book and I've also changed the colour display from 32bit to 16bit, no difference. A thin white line comes across the screen just before things turn sour, which just gives me enough warning to re-boot before the cursor goes 'walkabout'. Any other ideas before I take it back? TR

TommyRed 16:16 09 Dec 2003

Rang the helpline at Curry's who suggested downloading the latest graphics drivers from Intel. Did that at lunchtime and up to now everythings been fine. TR

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?