monitor frustration

paul 15:41 10 May 2003

my minitor has recently developed a problem whereby a one inch strip across the bootom is now blank, no matter how I try to alter the image size i can not remove the black strip.....any advice please

i take it you tried the buttons on th front (or back) of the monitor? there sould be a button for moving thepicture up and down , you may have to use a combination of buttons , whats the make and model?

paul 16:00 10 May 2003

yes tried all the buttons, no joy.......i dont know the name of manafaturer it is a 19" monitor thatw as bundled with a Tiny package a couple of years ago

DieSse 18:21 10 May 2003

You have a faulty monitor then - repair or replacement will be necessary.

Steinman 18:50 10 May 2003

whats your screen resolution?
Does the line go if you change it?
I had a similar problem apx 3 mths ago.
Had to change monitor in end,but screen resolution change might save ya for a while whilst you save ya £ for a new one!
The manufacturers name would probably be on a diddly panel @ rear of monitor.
Would it be possible to try another monitor just to double check its not ya windows or try your monitor on another pc?

paul 14:39 11 May 2003

no screen resolution made no difference.........think i may be going to fork out some cash!

dont be so hasty . asi said you might have to find the right combination of buttons, what does Device manager say the monitor is?

paul 15:03 11 May 2003

Found it - it is a Hansol monitor B19BL

wee eddie 17:02 11 May 2003

As well as resizing the image, there should be the possibility of moving, to the right, left, up, or down.

I hope that this is not too simplistic a solution but not all the screen controls are necessarily obvious

BarryKeith 17:17 11 May 2003

Several video cards have the option to move and resize the monitor screen image in their software, usually under "Display Properties,Settings,Advanced, Display".

i had a look at the hansol website. click here
but its possibly the worst support site i've ever seen and i couldnt find a manual for the monitor just a spec sheet .
can you get all the other functions to work via the buttons(brightness contrast imagesize?)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?