Monitor is extremely "fuzzy" for first 10 or so minutes.

routinej 23:18 25 Jan 2015

Hi, My monitor is doing a weird thing, It's a dell m783p. When i first turn my computer and monitor on it displays the bios and windows xp logo as per normal but when it goes to when it shows my desktop everything look really fuzzy to the point where text is unreadable, and it gradually fixes it's self after about 10 or so minutes. Is this a problem with my computer or with the monitor? I've taken a screenshot of the desktop while it is "fuzzy" and when i view it when the monitor is fine again it looks normal, aka no fuzzyness at all. So i assume it is a problem with my monitor?

snowy30 01:38 26 Jan 2015

Don't see many of them bulky monitors about these days. There is only so much usage you can get out of them CRT monitors - a CRT TV has an average lifespan of 5yrs.

wee eddie 02:10 26 Jan 2015

It seems to me that it is nearing the end of its life span as the guns, that direct are the electrons at the screen, are taking longer and longer to warm up.

This process could take quite a long time, so there is little need to panic. The best way to handle this is to make a pot of tea after you have turned it on and perhaps do the washing up!

mole1944 05:52 26 Jan 2015

Methinks time to bite the bullet,donate it to your local recycling place and get yourself a flatscreen monitor,you'll thank yourself you did it.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:17 26 Jan 2015

When i first turn my computer and monitor on it displays the bios and windows xp logo as per normal

Monitor OK Then

but when it goes to when it shows my desktop everything look really fuzzy to the point where text is unreadable

problem seems to be occurring when windows loads the drivers

Boot to safe mode and see what it is like then. If OK then update the graphics card drivers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?