Monitor Display???

User-E577C2B7-30BA-4DC0-8BABC76A252E9E06 10:30 12 Feb 2003

Hi all, "help". When my PC has been off for a while, when turning back on i am presented with a grey'ish blank screen, i have to turn off (cant do ctrl/alt/del) at the main switch. Retsatrs then in Safe mode, been thru all diagnostic checks to no avail.When in safe mode i restart again with ctrl/alt/del then am taken to desktop okay, BUT the colours are all washed out and error saying that driver that displays items on screen is not working tidy!!! Go into setup/display and return to correct settings., then okay unti i switch off again!!!! Also having windows errors so i re-formatted my hard drive (big mistake, took all day to get it going again) but errors and display still not correct.
This problem happened when my 4 year old was playing a cd game, she somehow turned computer off and been trouble ever since.
Will gather error messages and post them for you to possibly help me!!!! thank you Ian......

MAJ 10:39 12 Feb 2003

Do you have another graphics card you could try, Chiporkapeg? Post the error messages, in case it might be something else.

Hi, thanx for response, no have not got another graphics card, and the erroe i seem to get more than others is,
An exception OE has occurred at 0028:ob6b0003in VxD. This was called from 0028:c00a51dc in VxD VKD (01) + 00000640.
Thanx Ian...

Maj, im running windows ME, do you have a link i could use with error faults on?? Not an expert but can try and fumble wat thru these errors. Thanx Ian..

MAJ 11:09 12 Feb 2003

You could try to work your way through the Microsoft Knowledge Base, Ian, specifically that section on ME error messages. But I would guess at a Graphics card problem, either, a hardware failure, or driver problem (try updating drivers), or it could possibly be a memory module problem.

http:// support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;winmeerrmsg

Delete the space before "support" in the link above and paste into your address bar.

Thanx Maj going for a look, will i be able to get a driver update from this site?? Ian.....

MAJ 11:19 12 Feb 2003

No, Ian, you'll need to go to the graphics card's manufacturer's site.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?