Monitor constantly refreshing

Anorak Mum 14:32 21 Apr 2006

I have a Time PC (I know, I know..) which is approx 2 years old. After some initial problems it's been OK recently, but about 2 weeks ago it crashed - I was able to get it going again using a copy windows xp to boot it up. Then suddenly the other night, having been shut down and restarted it completely (it seemed) reformatted itself to factory condition. After initial panic I found my old documents, address book and pics. I still can't find my old emails, but am persevering. Major problem now is that according to device manager and system info, I don't have either a monitor or display driver. I do have a Relisys TL540 tft monitor, but since the crash it has been almost impossible to work with. It refreshes constantly, and scrolling (esp on the internet) is a nightmare. I can't change the refresh rate as the box just says I have a default monitor and the settings for that will be used. I have tried updating the monitor driver but it doesn't work. I have also tried updating my graphics driver (ATI rage) but that doesn't work either. HELP!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?