monitor colours changing

lucyjane 21:06 28 Nov 2003

Hi I have a problem developing with my monitor in that some times the screen will develope either
a pink or green tint or sometimes a grey tint it comes and goes as it pleases but seem sto be getting worse, do you think the monitor it going pear shape and needs to be replaced or can I do anything to help it along for a bit longer.
Many thanks Malc.

Giggle n' Bits 21:41 28 Nov 2003

monitor VGA cable as it sounds as if there is a lose wire within it. If its a Captive (Perminant fixed cable to rear of monitor, it cannot be replaced)

If its not that, its the tube going to fail. Does the colour deteriation even start when you start the machine up while booting up ?. If so I would suspect the cable to be damaged.

toxin 22:43 28 Nov 2003

Hi!

I should say it's on it's way out.
If it's less than 3 years old contact makers direct; most give an immediate replacement, no questions asked. Toxin.

DieSse 23:08 28 Nov 2003

First check the cable - by wiggling it around at each end, and unplgging it and replugging it.

If this doesn't show up the problem, then the fault will probably be internal to the monitor (though it just might be in the graphics card).

It's probably repeairable if it's in the monitor (it's almost never the tube) - but the costs of the repair versus the costs of a new monitor usually make a repair uneconomic.

Also, as stated, check as to whether it's still under warranty - most monitors have had three year warranties - but not all at all times.

Djohn 23:17 28 Nov 2003

Also, have you got anything magnetic near the monitor? Speakers/Lamps, especially the 12 volt type of desktop lamp that has a transformer in the base.

It's probably more serious as suggested by the postings above, but might just be something along these lines and worth checking for. Have you a degauss button on the monitor and have you used it. j.

lucyjane 18:26 29 Nov 2003

Many thanks everyone , I will try what you suggest and get back to you all , again thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?