monitor

michelleuk 02:47 06 Jan 2003
  michelleuk 02:47 06 Jan 2003

hello,

A few weeks ago I started a thread regarding a 17 in monitor, as mine appears to have lost the green filiment colour. A number of people suggested a different monitor and according to PC advisor magazine they recommended a Mitsubishi monitor.

Having a look at the different on-line computer stores that you had given me I found the details of that monitor,unfortunately for me to use that monitor I would need to have widows 2000, which I do not have. I did find a monitor called CTX EX7001 for £125 and a NEC MultiSync FE770 Flat screen. I am interested in the CTX model. But does anyone have either model and if so, what is your opinion?

Thank you,

Take Care
Michelle:-)
click here (my own website)

Pilch.... 03:07 06 Jan 2003

why does it say you need windows 2000?

dez fowler 03:11 06 Jan 2003

well, firstly ignore the windows 2000 thing, monitors aren't operating system dependant

CTX and NEC both make excellent monitors so either would be a fine purchance. I would also recommend Iiyama as my manufacturer of choice as they produce excellent displays and to my knowledge have always had a product in the PC Advisor top 5.

michelleuk 03:15 06 Jan 2003

Hi,

I too was surpriesed when I saw that it required Windows 2000, or ME or XP and I certainly couldn't understand why, as it was the only monitor that had anything in that particular box.

I am certainly considering the CTX as it seems thinner at the back its not a slim case, but it doesn't seem huge either.

Thansk

Take Care
Michelle:-)

dez fowler 03:24 06 Jan 2003

dont go with aesthetically pleasing over image quality, it's a monitor not an ornament

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des Légendes en ligne ?