MonaRonaDona Virus - Please Help

bear73 11:13 02 Mar 2008

Hi

I have a virus on my pc which calls itself MonaRonaDona and it says it is a virus and is here to wreck your pc. If you observe strange behaviour with your pc, like progam windows disappearing etc, it's me who is doing all this. I was created as a protest against the Human Rights Vilation being observed throughout the world & the very purpose of my existence is to remind & stress the world to respect humanity.

It is not allowing me into Task Manager and says it has been disabled by my administrator. I can't open word either.

Are there any solutions to this virus. Should i turn my pc off as it may be doing things I can't see.

Thanks

Thatslife 11:20 02 Mar 2008

Start your computer in safe mode and search for files 'srvspool' and delete them. But be sure you know what you're deleting.

click here

Empty your recycle bin and restart your computer.

Let me know how you get on.

big bloke66 11:28 02 Mar 2008

Have you seen this.click here

bear73 11:59 02 Mar 2008

thanks Thatslife. We have done as you said and the virus now seems to have gone. I still can't get into task Manager. When I click Ctrl, Alt, Del I get a message saying it has been disabled by the administrator. How do I get it back?

Many thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:41 07 Mar 2008

Task manager repair

Method 1

Click Start, Run and type this command exactly as given below: (better - Copy and paste)

REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableTaskMgr /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

Method 2

Download and run this REG fix click here and double-click it.

Method 3

* Click Start, Run and type Regedit.exe
* Navigate to the following branch:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Policies\ System

* In the right-pane, delete the value named DisableTaskMgr
* Close Regedit.exe

Method 4: Using Group Policy Editor - for Windows XP Professional

* Click Start, Run, type gpedit.msc and click OK.
* Navigate to this branch:

User Configuration / Administrative Templates / System / Ctrl+Alt+Delete Options / Remove Task Manager

* Double-click the Remove Task Manager option.
* Set the policy to Not Configured.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?