Mom.exe

xania 13:06 26 Nov 2009

I have just found an program called mom.exe in my ATI directory at C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\MOM.exe. I have also found MOM.EXE-1E391378.pf in C:|Windows\Prefetch. The program is hogging some 50% of my overall resources. In fact when mom.exe is running my average CPU usage is about 10% - without it its about 10%. I have Gb of PC2-8500 and an AMD dual 3 GHz processor.

NB. My wife has an identical PC (i built them both from scratch) and, with her's, mom.exe is also installed but typically using 0% resources even when runing Adobe In Design.

Malwarebytes, Ad-aware and Superantispyware all ignore this program. I am currently deleting it from the Windows Task Manager every time I log on, without any obvious effect and my system performance has improved.

What is this program, and why is it using so much resource on my PC and none on my wife's.

Clapton is God 13:10 26 Nov 2009
  birdface 13:11 26 Nov 2009

click here

maybe just stop it running at start up.Is it using up any of the CPU in Taskmanager.if not leave it.

Ventad 13:13 26 Nov 2009
  DieSse 13:15 26 Nov 2009

If you google for mom.exe you'll find that it's part of the ATI Catalyst Control Centre, when it's in the folder you say it's in.

There is a different mom.exe which is fould elsewhere, and may be spyware.

I also read that it's unnecessary to run the ATI CCC normally - so rather than delete the file, just stop the CCC from running.

It may be you have a different CCC version to your wifes system, which could explain the different resources it consumes.

Ventad 13:15 26 Nov 2009

looks like it was all fingers to the button eh!

xania 13:31 26 Nov 2009

Thanks all. I think DieSse ha solved this oine for me - didn't think of that!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?