Modem woes

David Beverley 18:09 15 Oct 2006

After a thunderstorm my dial up modem stopped working with the blue screen message "DPAL error BASIC2 MEACC ERROR... in file .\dplibic at line 332"
I aasumed the modem had been fried by the thunderstorm and bought and installed a new modem which again gives exactly the same error message. The remainder of the PC seems to be working ok and the power input is protected by a surge devise; so I assume that the trouble came down the phone line.
It is an old PC running Windows 98 SE.
Any suggestions?

Forum Editor 18:20 15 Oct 2006

a Diamond Multimedia SupraMax PCI modem, and the message you are getting is telling you that the driver has become corrupted.

Reinstall the software that came with the modem, or click here and download the latest driver.

David Beverley 11:22 16 Oct 2006

I reinstalled the drivers of the new modem thinking this was the problem but I'm still getting the blue screen of death

David Beverley 10:36 17 Oct 2006

I am using a Zoom 3090 USB external modem having removed the old modem and have installed the new software but stiil have the same error message and blue screen of death

cycoze 11:00 17 Oct 2006

Just checking...

You have removed the old modem from Control Panel/Modems?

And you have configured your Dialup/Internet/Mail settings to use the new modem?

David Beverley 08:44 18 Oct 2006

Dear Cyzone,
did all that still the blue screen of death

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des LĂ©gendes en ligne ?