Modem will not dial out at first attempt

Farleyjim 08:19 12 Jun 2004

Can anybody offer any clues as to why my modem will not dial out when first clicked? I get a "no dialling tone" message and then when I click on redial it seems to acqire a dialling tone and then dials out normally. Pentium 3 Windows 2000 128Mb Ram. The modem is a Netodragon (from PC World. Could it be that the modem takes a long time to wake up? Another problem associated with the internet is that when I do finally get on line I am told that I am connected to Onetel, but no Internet Explorer page comes up. I have to click on the IE icon separately.

Sans le Sou 10:06 12 Jun 2004

If you click the IE icon first, it should dial up and go into your home page directly. Have you got the 1571 service on your line, sometimes unread messages interrupt the dial tone.

SANTOS7 10:57 12 Jun 2004

click here error 680 should answer your question, good luck

Farleyjim 20:18 12 Jun 2004

Thanke Sans le Sou. Yes, there is 1571 service on the phone which I will have disconnected but BT don't do it instantly. I'll keep you posted.
Thanks also to Santos7 but I know that the modem is working because it dials out at the second attempt and the device manager tells me that the modem is working properly.

Farleyjim 20:20 12 Jun 2004

Thanke Sans le Sou. Yes, there is 1571 service on the phone which I will have disconnected but BT don't do it instantly. I'll keep you posted.
Thanks also to Santos7 but I know that the modem is working because it dials out at the second attempt and the device manager tells me that the modem is working properly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?