modem driver

menorcarob2 13:25 03 May 2003

i have a us robotics 14.4 external modem and i need a driver that will work with windows xp pro, can anyone help please

caast ©™ 13:36 03 May 2003

I don't know if I am right but I would have thought it extremely unlikely to find a driver for 14.4k modem for XP Pro. I would check out the website click here

Prices for 56K modems are very cheap, both External or Internal, if you want new.

Click on my envelope with your details I have a couple external that may be of interest to you second hand.

tbh72 13:40 03 May 2003

click here

The above link will help you find the right driver for your modem.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Before posting a message towards the top of the screen is a search area its very useful & extremely informative.

Try entering the following into the boxes I think you will be overwhelmed by the results

SEARCH FOR modem AND drivers
IN helproom / all discussion
TICK search thread titles only
UNTICKED show resolved threads only

Searching is a fantastic way of finding instant result's especially when the forum may contain only a few people eg, late at night or public holidays.....

menorcarob2 15:05 03 May 2003

have tried all the suggestions and cannot find a driver

Belatucadrus 15:16 03 May 2003

click here for a collection of US Robotics drivers.

bentley 15:19 03 May 2003

Modems are very very cheap, why bother
looking for a driver for an out of date modem
u can get a new one for as little as a tenner

menorcarob2 15:29 03 May 2003

i live in menorca and only have a radio line usr modems are the only ones that work and at 4800bps

menorcarob2 11:00 04 May 2003

have tried hundreds of sites and cannot find a driver what i would like to know does this modem work with xp pro

daxian 11:15 04 May 2003

if you look on the xp install disk there is a compatibility checker for hardware and software,give it a try .you will probably find that xp does not support it ..

menorcarob2 12:41 04 May 2003

tried to do the compatability test and it then said that it would install windows aagin i stopped there, because of the trouble i had in getting it working properly in the first place.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

Political cartoons in 2017: Chris Riddell, Rebecca Hendin and Dave Brown on what it’s like to…

The best iPhone for 2017

Tennis : comment regarder la finale de la Coupe Davis 2017 ?