modem country setting reminder

argon 16:45 22 Jun 2004

How do I prevent this showing on start up.
If I click on this I get "Please install diamond multi media system HCF modem before using this utility"
I do not have this modem now

PSF 16:54 22 Jun 2004

If it is an old modem did you un-install the drivers for it.

If you are on BB disable the old modem in the device manager, or better still un-install it in the device manager and remove it from the pc.

PSF 21:36 22 Jun 2004

By E-Mail..Unfortunately modem was installed 3rd party. No other modems appear in device manager unfortunately not on broadband. OS is Me Any idea how i can find old drivers and remove them Eric.

'It is best to post direct on the site in case someone else has the answer first.'

If it is a message from an old modem it has been left behind. Check to see if the driver is in the Add/remove in the control panel. If it is not there click Start>>run>>type msconfig in the run box>>press enter>>. A new window will open, in the start up tab un-check anything that relates to the modem.

Re-boot and that will stop the message appearing on start-up. If you get a pop-up saying you are using selective stat-up, tick the box in the bottom left hand corner and the message will not appear again.

argon 11:36 23 Jun 2004

thanks PSF msconfig worked

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?