Modem Configuration (56k dial-up)

daveingreenock 14:26 24 Feb 2003

Hello anyone who cares to assist me.

I recently had various hard drive problems on windows 98 and when a friend was having a look at it he gave me a temporary hard drive to work on until I got the original repared/replaced. It was 2000 NT and did not have the driver which was on 98. He got a zipped driver file from a webpage and installed it.

When I got home I tried to dial-up to my NTL connection but it wouldnt even connect to the telephone line. All I get is 'unable to establish a connection'. The company who insure my computer will not advise me on it because I have upgraded to windows 2000 NT and anyone else is far from helpful (not you mark if you ever read this).

I have been told it is network configurations, which I would not know where to start to fix it myself. So that is why I seek help from someone who knows what they are talking about.

I have all the techincal specs on my modem, but ironically I left it at home (I am at my friends house at the moment) so if any one is willing to take this task on then please reply and I will get all the details you need, please feel free to ask what you need.

Cheers
Dave - 24/Feb/03

jazzypop 14:30 24 Feb 2003

click here for all the details you should need to setup your NTL account on what is effectively a new PC.

daveingreenock 14:49 24 Feb 2003

Thanks Jazzy pop I will look at that in good time. To be honest I really dont want to go back to NTL, it also happens when I try to use an AOL disc. Nothing happens, I know the basic settings for NTL so I know there is either one) a big problem with my modem configurations or 2) a wrong driver

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?