Mobile Phone Software

IainGlasgow09 19:36 17 Jan 2009

My mobile phone PC software is unable to detect my phone when it is plugged into the usb port.

The phone is a Motorola Razr V3 and the software is the Motorola Phone Tools on the CD supplied with the phone.

When I go through the option to set up manually the installation wizard is only looking for a modem on the com ports (even when I select "Motorola USB Modem"). However when I plug it into the USB the plug and play detects a Motorola V3r device and attempts to install a driver for it but produces an error - something like driver unavailable for the device instance.

Could there be a conflict between the plug and play autodetect and the software? It instructs not to plug the phone in until prompted to do so.

I had previously installed the software on my PC and connected to the phone without any problems but not installed the software again since formatting my hard disk and reloading everything last year.

I am running Windows 2k Pro with SP4

I have tried unistalling and reinstalling the software, removing the phone from the hardware profile in control panel and even tried reinstalling the USB driver bu nothing seems to have any effect. Also it does not show as a removable drive in "My Computer"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone