Mobile Phone Signal Boosters

dalek111 22:11 15 Mar 2009

Hi, does anyone know if these work and how good they are? click here|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Thanks

bluto1 22:28 15 Mar 2009

Really, the only way this type of product can be assessed properly is for some people to buy and use it. All of these people will have different opinions depending largely on where they live.
Here's an example: I bought a TV signal booster to try and get a decent Channel 5 reception and it improved the signal enormously. My next door neighbour followed suit and had no improved reception.

dalek111 22:41 15 Mar 2009

But has anyone seen any improvements like getting a signal in a building where they couldn't before. Also, does anyone know about the science behind the product, ie, should it work?

Furkin 00:31 16 Mar 2009

As an ex dealer, I'm still interested in gadgets like these.

I bought a new Motorola K1 (worst phone I ever came across). The reception was so bad I thought I'd try one of these.
I bought 5 of 'em (on a deal) & put one in,,,, but as far as I can tell, it makes no difference at all.
I tried all five, but they were the same.
I tried a similar item as well,,,, all to no avail.

I don't know the science behind them, but suspect that there is none (imo).

Obviously my phone dosn't get used much (it has other faults that motorola won't/can't fix) but I'd also like to learn of something to improve reception.

good luck.

dalek111 01:46 16 Mar 2009

Thanks Furkin, I suspected that that would be the case, I don't really trust things that don't sound like they should work

Much appreciated, I'll steer clear

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?