mobile Phone to PC

EFC1878 09:30 22 Jul 2008

Further to posts about auto-run not working and having to manually run cd's to install software I have had problems connecting 2 new phones [one a Samsung the other a Sony Ericson] to the pc.

The software says that it is installed but the hardware - mobile phone- is not recognised.

Has anybody else had a similar problem?

DieSse 09:35 22 Jul 2008

In the phone settings, you normally need to select a connection mode and/or some other settings to actually make the connection work.

Consult your phone manual for what to do in each case.

Technotiger 09:38 22 Jul 2008

By software I assume you mean (in the case of the Samsung for instance) Samsung PC Studio.

System requirements for Samsung = Win2000 or SP family. At least 300mb free disk space. DirectX 9.0 or higher.

What OS are you using and how are you connecting phone to PC?

Technotiger 09:39 22 Jul 2008

Oooops - that should read - or XP family ........

Seth Haniel 09:41 22 Jul 2008

find it is easier to connect with a BlueTooth dongle

Mine is a Nokia and never yet managed to connect with the Nokia suite - but bluetooth does job straight away ;)

Technotiger 09:44 22 Jul 2008

Hi, I too have a Nokia, I connect via USB (using Nokia PC Suite), I could never get a stable connection using Bluetooth.

woodchip 10:59 22 Jul 2008

click here

This free one may fit the bill, see if you phone is in the list click here

woodchip 11:01 22 Jul 2008

PS the Free one is near bottom of page

EFC1878 17:20 22 Jul 2008

DieSSee

I didn't realise that I would have to adjust the settings - assume dthat they would be preset. Will give it a go.

Technotiger

I am running XP home and have plenty of disc space. Not sure what version of Direct X I am using.

Woodchip

Thanks for the link

It is just frustrating as with previous phones getitng a connection has bene a doddle. This time 2 differnet phones will not connect whihc made me think that the problem may be on the pc not the phones

Thanks for the advice I will give it a go later - out to play 6-a-sdie footy first

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?