Mobile phone info on PC can't find the program.

golfpro 10:43 17 Sep 2006

Before I changed my PC recently I had a program which when connected to my mobile gave lots of information on my phone, Recent calls, messages, etc etc, and I could compose and send SMS and email messages on it as well using the keyboard. I'm not sure but I think this was just for the Sony Ericsson phones (I now have a Motorola), the trouble is I have forgotten the name of the program. Someone on this forum did mention it a few weeks ago, but I can't find it.
If anyone knows the name of it and can provide a link I would be very grateful.

goonerbill © ® 11:25 17 Sep 2006

i'm sure that someone will correct me if i am wrong but each mobile phone maker has there own software for connecting mobiles to pc's and transfering info between the 2 and each maker will have there own datacable for there phones (if the phone has bluetooth and you connect using a bluetooth dongle with the pc, that will be ok, you just need to configure the software accordingly).

for the software go to this link click here select your network and then phone model, on the next page make sure that you have a tick in the box next to " I have read Steps 2 and 3 about the USB driver installations and third-party media." after reading the instructions, that will enable option 4 to download

the software requires a usb cable to connect to the phone but i believe that you can also use bluetooth but i will let you check that out.

goonerbill © ® 11:34 17 Sep 2006

the above is for motorola, if its the sony ericsson software you want, select the model of your phone it will automatically open a new page, under "Software and setup" select software downloads and then it will open a new page with everything you need ie: pc suite for connecting phone to pc.

click here

golfpro 11:42 17 Sep 2006

I have the connect software for Motorola, which will sync my phone to outlook etc, but this program was a bit different in that it gave you lots more info regarding the phone, and the ability to compose mails etc was a great help.

golfpro 11:44 17 Sep 2006

This was a stand alone software program not connected to any make of mobile phone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone