mobile phone cash back deals do they work???

kspatto 22:20 29 Nov 2006

Hi
looking to buy a mobilephone from here

click here click here

it is the nokia N73 on O2 it works out with the cash backs £188

it states that you get cash back every few months never had a contract phone
does this work or are there hidden problems(if so what are they)
and why do they do it like that???
also when the contract ends ie 12 months do you have to inform them that you no longer require the contract or do they ask you if you wish to extend your contract
have posted this in another forum here(bit unsure where to post a message about phones) but it was a bit scattershot as the links I posted didnt seem to work?

thanks in advance
patto

spuds 23:01 29 Nov 2006

Watch out for these type of cashback deals, you may find that they are provided by the retailer and not the service provider. If the retailer stops trading then the cashback deal could be worthless. No good going to the service provider, if that is the type of deal, the provider will tell that the retailer set the deal up, not them.

Could be wrong of course, but these type of deals were on a consumer website recently, so as to make people aware.

Regarding where to post questions: Problems in Helproom: Purchases in ConsumerWatch. Remember though, the PCA forums are more for computer and computer related articles, than for mobile phones.

birdface 23:36 29 Nov 2006

Yes they work, And you usually get your money back.Can only find 1 problem + that is choice of phone, I never purchace a new phone without looking here first,click here Dont want to put you off, As long as you like it.

Strawballs 00:33 30 Nov 2006

They had a storey about this on my local rdio station on a slot called the rip off files,
One person wrote in and said that they had to send in the 4th, 8th and 12th bills to be eligable for the cashback hopeing that you will forget and if you do remember they said that the 12th bill sent should have been the last one!!!!!

sunny staines 06:06 30 Nov 2006

they were on bbc watchdog answer was NO

Rigga 08:37 30 Nov 2006

I did a cashback deal deal on my last phone from Mobile Shop > click here < , and it worked fine.

I ended up with a new phone and paid around £50 total after cashback for 200 xnet minutes and texts for twelve months.

As with all internet purchases, just do some research on the company selling you the phone first and you should be fine.

HTH. R.

Jackcoms 10:27 30 Nov 2006

Duplicate thread click here

kspatto 15:50 30 Nov 2006

THANKS ALL Butemans review site has gone into my favourites and I will take all your advice onboard
(might just buy D900)

thanks again
patto

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone