mobile internet

kimisam 03:01 11 Oct 2007

Hi,
I am thinking to purchase an add on to my mobile phone for internet access, but before I do so, can anyone tell me is it possible to connect the mobile phone to my laptop and using my laptop to surf the web instead?
I am running windows vista and sony Ericsson K610i phone.
thanks in advance

sorry for only brief explanation but mine connects to internet via 3g on mobile phone via usb or bluetooth and you pay the going 3g rates and only if its covered in the area you are in ..then there are data cards you purchase on contract , i think vodaphone do this service but more may do :) i have been looking into it myself and i am not sure if you can dial out to a number like a dial up modem on p.c and if you do it would be like making a phone call and charges accordingly. mabey a post in consumerwatch and ask for best choice of package/number you can use. kind regards akanic

kimisam 01:16 16 Oct 2007

Hi akanic,
My phone is with 3g too! I am thinking to buy an add on of X series for £5 a month which comes with 1gb limit per month. but instead of surfing the web on my mobile phone, can I do it with my laptop some how?
cheers

click here
this article will explain a bit..from p.c.a..plus do a google search on wifi hotspots,should throw up a few answers for laptop :)
regards akanic

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?