Mobile internet

Madrat 23:58 16 Mar 2007

HI

I am thinking of getting a laptop and want to get internet away from home, now let me explain when I say away from home I mean in the caravan in a field or caravan site or on a beach or village hall car park, No I'm not a piky I belong to a caravan club and do a lot of weekend rallys. I have looked on the vodafone websit but am still a bit confused regarding ther 3G/Wlan price plans and ther covarage. can anyone throw a bit of light on the subject please.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 01:01 17 Mar 2007

I have a Vodaphon 3G card, reception is patchy I often struggle to get a decent connection. and the calls are expensive.

Madrat 18:32 17 Mar 2007

Fruit bat acording to there site You can buy a card for £200 and then pay for 30,60 or 90 mins is this correct? also acording to ther covarage map if I cant get 3G I can use Vodafone Wlan, is this the really slow one?

Madrat 23:09 24 Mar 2007

I have just had a new mobile phone and I can use it as a modem :) I have tryed it on PC and Even though I'm not in a 3G area and it has to use "fall back" conection I am getting speeds of 230.4kbps. I just wish I could get a straight aswere from Vodaphone as to how much it will cost to use. If anyone can help with this I would apresiate it, I'm on Pay as you talk.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?