mobile conection

carolann 13:35 14 Feb 2006

Hi Having just received my Motorola Data suite, I looked forward to downloading photos from my Motorola mobile. I have downloaded from CD can download to my phone but cannot find a way of dowloading from my mobile.
tc carolann

Haol 13:47 14 Feb 2006

What phone have you got? There should have been some software that came with the phone that transfers photos and such from phone to pc and vice versa.

dms05 14:25 14 Feb 2006

I have a Siemens mobile. I plug the phone into my PC , open up Windows Explorer and drag'n'drop the pics I want to export to the My Pictures folder on my Hard Disk. Siemens also include a very large Phone Manager Suite that helps you transfer files of pics etc.

carolann 14:55 14 Feb 2006

It is a Motorola V220 and I have a cd with the data suite. All of which I have downloaded, but when I plug in my mobile all I get is a page for phone nos and then only pages to download from my PC, and also a message at the bottom of screen saying trying to conect to mobile. There was somehthing saying download mobile modem which I was a bit wary of doing
tc carolann

keewaa 16:09 14 Feb 2006

I would check motorola's web site for driver and software updates for your phone and the programs used, some problems are fixed by updated issues.

carolann 17:33 14 Feb 2006

Ok will try that thanks Keewaa

carolann 15:38 07 Mar 2006

Hi I am bringing my posting up again, as still have the problem. I have emailed phone forums and still cannot solve it. So I am hoping that somone here has another idea.
I received a CD and USB connection have downloaded all to PC, but after saying handset sucessfully conected downloading date, nothing happens. Then get the message "Failed to download phone book please check interface set up between pc and handset". I have updated MPT and drivers also.
The Data suite is not an actual Motorola one, but a Data suite from Pama which should according to label be compatable with my phone and XP.
tc

remind 18:24 07 Mar 2006

something to try is switching your phone off and on again immediately before connecting it up to the pc, my nokia occasionally refuses to co-operate with nokia suite for this reason

carolann 15:55 09 Mar 2006

Have tried that still does not work, sighs, so will finally have to admit defeat.
tc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?