mobile broadband monitoring

oxparks 16:55 28 Feb 2009

I recently signed up to an Orange mobile broadband contract with 3GB monthly allowance.

The software comes with a window which includes Statistics. This gives daily, monthly and yearly usage since the date the contract started. However I am not 100% sure if this gives me the info I need to see how my monthly Orange allowance is going.

I phoned Orange helpline and they couldn't tell me as perhaps I have not been uploaded to their system yet. As far as they are concerned I havn't used anything! She said I would get half a month for the first month since I started on 17th Jan. She suggested using Net Traffic Meter.

I checked this out but found negative reviews and wasn't sure anyway if it would provide anything extra than what I already have with the Orange Mobile Partner.

Anyone any thoughts?
thanks!

MAJ 23:36 28 Feb 2009

You could try NetMeter click here not the same as Net Traffic Meter, it's supposed to be pretty good, although I haven't used it in quite a while.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?