Mizo - FrontPage converter

badgermansix 15:39 12 Feb 2006

Has anyone ever heard of this programme, or used it please?

or can anyone recommend a programme that will convert FP2003 to php?

tia

Forum Editor 18:35 12 Feb 2006

in order to upload them to a server without FP extensions - FP sites will run perfectly well without the extensions, you just won't be able to use any of the special FP components, like hover buttons or discussion forums.

Any good web host will offer you the extensions anyway. Usually you can enable them yourself, from within the host's control panel.

harristweed 21:18 12 Feb 2006

There is an addin for frontpage 2000, that allows php editing. Might work in FP2003
click here

but if you want a php editor
click here

badgermansix 22:58 12 Feb 2006

WinXP HE, FP2003.

FE, My son is using FP2003 which we bought in September of last year, he can use it o.k. but I have never been able to resolve a problem with it.
I cannot update from it, or do an online search from its search option.
Every time I try I get this message.
"This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator"
I am the Administrator, no-one else uses this machine.
We were advised that we needed XPPro (which my son bought) or WinME, with FP2003 if we wanted to use the IIS extention(?). is this not so?

harristweed,Thanks but I have an editor, I could not find out about php with FP2003, because as I have said above, I have had a problem with FP so I do not use it (what a waste of money on my part!)

Forum Editor 23:33 12 Feb 2006

but before you attempt it you must:-

1. Disable features that require the FrontPage Server Extensions. On the Tools menu, click Page Options, and then click the Authoring tab.
Under FrontPage and SharePoint technologies, clear the SharePoint Services and Browse-time Web Components check boxes.

2. Disable features that create ASP or ASP.NET code. If the server that runs your PHP pages can also run ASP, do the following:

On the Tools menu, click Page Options, and then click the Authoring tab.
Under Browsers, clear the Active Server Pages check box.

3. Enable and use ASP-style <% %> code delimiters, by doing this:

Open the php.ini file on the Web server, and set asp_tags="1".
Use ASP-like <% and %> tags instead of the <? php?> tags. This stops FrontPage from reformatting your PHP code.

As an alternative, you can use <script language="php"> and </script> tags instead of <? php?> tags.

4. Configure PHP file extensions to open in Design view:

On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Configure Editors tab. In the Extensions list, locate and select the file extension that you want to use. In the Editors list, select FrontPage (Open as HTML). Click 'Make Default'.
If the extension that you want does not appear, you must add it like this:

Click the New Extension button above the Extensions list.
In the 'Open With' dialogue box, type the file extension that you want in the Extension box.
Select FrontPage (Open as HTML), and then click OK.

badgermansix 21:23 13 Feb 2006

FE, thank you very much for those very comprehensive instructions. I will follow these (I hope) and see what happens.

Would you have any idea why I cannot get FP2003 to update, I just get this message?

"This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator"

Thanks again.

TIA

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The pulp art of 80s computer game magazine covers

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?