Mitsubishi Pro 750SB - monitor problem

JOHNNYBGOOD 10:26 26 Jan 2003

My new monitor from start up produces two horizontal lines 1/3 & 2/3 up the screen. Most noticeable on white background. According to Mitsubishi is due to the technology and I should be able to clear by adjusting brightness. I cannot and M do not have a solution.

Anyone with any thoughts

Many thanks to anyone who responds.

Gongoozler 10:34 26 Jan 2003

Hi JOHNNYBGOOD. Mitsubishi are correct on this one. The lines are due to 2 very thin wires that are stretched across the tube to stabilise the mesh that separates the colours on the screen. All monitors with this type of tube will have this effect. I don't even notice them on my monitor unless I look very hard for them.

Gongoozler 10:52 26 Jan 2003

Hi again JOHNNYBGOOD. If I can add another note to what I said above. Ignore what Mitsubishi said about adjusting the brightness to remove the lines. Adjust the brightness and contrast for optimum picture quality, you may find your graphics card software has a utility to help with this, and enjoy what is probably the best monitor display available. You will soon forget the faint lines.

JOHNNYBGOOD 10:56 26 Jan 2003

Gongoozler, thanks for the rsponse, I am now satisfied it is just not my monitor and will try not to notice the lines. thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?