Mistakenly deleted PowerDVD

rayring 11:34 15 Aug 2005

I mistakenly deleted PowerDVD from my emachine desktop pc. I now cannot play DVDs, getting an error message saying compatible DVD decoder not installed when trying to play a DVD on windows media player.
I have tried using the restore disc but when opening up the drivers file cannot find anything that says powerdvd player.
Grateful for any advice.
Regards rayring

johnnyrocker 11:44 15 Aug 2005

could you not try the microsoft shop for a freebie?

johnny.

Graham ® 11:45 15 Aug 2005

System Restore?

Graham ® 11:47 15 Aug 2005

Here's a free one if that doesn't work click here

Graham ® 11:58 15 Aug 2005
  rayring 12:43 15 Aug 2005

Thanks for your advice Graham, I did try downloading Cliprex DVD player but it came with a lot of what seemed to be spyware and I could not get any sound with the picture.
Unfortunately I deleted powerdvd in July and the earliest system restore I can go to is in August.
Will try the other website you suggested.

Stuartli 12:55 15 Aug 2005

Just a possibility - have you checked the Recycle Bin as you say you have deleted the program?

You may also have only deleted the shortcut rather than PowerDVD itself - check if there is a Cyberlink folder in Program Files.

Joe R 12:58 15 Aug 2005

click here

this will let you play dvd's.

daba 23:16 15 Aug 2005

errr, why not just re-install PowerDVD ?

Stuartli 00:05 16 Aug 2005

By the way, you won't find PowerDVD in the drivers' file - it's an application.

Border View 00:58 16 Aug 2005

If you dont have the disc to re-install the PowerDVD software try doing a Google. There are lots of places where you should be able to get a replacement. You didnt say which version you had or your OS. A few older versions are available at knock down prices.

Good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone