Missing toolbars on my nrw laptop

brian132 20:37 02 Sep 2003

I have just bought a new laptop with Win XP. In Internet Explorer, there is no title bar and no menu bar ( the one with File - Edit - view - Favourites etc ). The top bar shown is the one with the icons - Back - Forward - stop etc. How can I restore these missing bars when the View menu is not available? I would be glad of some help here. Thank you.

bvw in bristol 20:43 02 Sep 2003

Try F11

Stuartli 20:44 02 Sep 2003

#Right click the Toolbar and select Customise - then add what you require.

You can also drag the various items along, including the address line, to suit your requirements and to create drop down menus.

Stuartli 20:46 02 Sep 2003

PS

You will have to disable Lock the Toolbars after right clicking to be able to drag them along or move the bar(s) up and down.

brian132 20:14 03 Sep 2003

Thanks ,but how can I right click the Toolbar to do all this when all that is displayed is the one row of icons that I described?
A thought occurred to me today - are the toolbars missing because I have yet to go online?
I would be pleased to hear what you think on both points.
Thank you both .I will also try F11

brian132 14:01 04 Sep 2003

Problem solved by pressing F11 key. Did not work at first but after a number of presses it worked . Thanks both for your advice.

Stuartli 21:39 06 Sep 2003

Obviously been out of sight...:-)

The toolbar you were able to see should have been able to accept the right click menu commancd - it works the same on both toolbars.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017