Missing toolbar in Outlook Express 6

Nagpur 00:12 26 Apr 2010

The horizontal toolbar, or more accurately the informmation bar, near the bottom of the screen when I am using Outlook Express has just disappeared. This is the toolbar with number of messages given for the folder currently in use, it says working online when I am on online and states either number of new messages or no new messages when I click on Send/Receive. It is the toolbar just above the one with Start in the bottom left hand corner and various icons all along it. How do I get this toolbar back?
My operating system is WindowsXP and I have Outlook Express 6.

Sea Urchin 00:42 26 Apr 2010

That's your Outlook Express taskbar - are you sure the whole window has not slid down behind the desktop taskbar? In OE click on the Restore Down button (the middle of the three symbols at the top right) and then move the window up and down (by holding the title bar at the top of the window) - does the taskbar reappear?

Nagpur 00:59 26 Apr 2010

To Sea Urchin,
Many thanks for your clear guidance. Following it has solved the problem and information bar has duly reappeared. I should have seen that for myself. I was unsuccessfully trying to make it reappear by clicking on View then Layout and ticking boxes in there.

Sea Urchin 11:10 26 Apr 2010

Thanks for the feedback - glad to hear it reappeared OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache