Missing spell checker

golfpro 08:14 02 May 2009

Because of a complete melt down of my computer I have had to drag out my old one from under the bed. however I see that the abc spell check is not showing anywhere on the menue bars (its the abc with a little green tick), its on my laptop but not on this one anyone know how I can get it back. I am useing Fire fox and XP home.

Shark boy 08:17 02 May 2009

Hi golfpro
have you tried pressing the button at the edge of the toolbar, pressing create or add buttons and seeing if the spellchecker is there?
thanks
shark boy

Shark boy 08:18 02 May 2009

Soz, forgot to mention, that only works in office

FatboySlim71 08:23 02 May 2009

I use this Dictionary add on,on my computer.

click here

ened 08:34 02 May 2009

I'm guessing you want a spell checker in your email prog.

If you are trying to use a spell checker you need to have a programme like Word installed.

golfpro 08:41 02 May 2009

I hav just downloaded it but can't seem to find any button on the toolbar to correct mistakes. The error is highlighted in red under the word, but how do you correct it? (Have was intentional).

ened 08:48 02 May 2009

If you have a red line underneath, place the cursor over the word and right-click. You should see a list of options.

golfpro 09:04 02 May 2009

ened. Thank you I wonder how many people know that? Its still not as good as the ABC checker for checking and correcting whole drafts but its OK.

FatboySlim71 09:58 02 May 2009

If you want a good spell checker (amongst other things) for Internet Explorer 7 or 8, then IEPro is an excellent little add on. I am currently using it with IE8 and have had no problems with it.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone