Missing music files

Ma6ician 12:11 29 Dec 2008

(Running Win Xp Pro)
Hi, I have several folders in "My Music" seperated into Dance, Reggae, Pop, Charts etc. But I appear to be missing lots of tunes. When I click on a folder (Say Dance) and click "Properties" it shows 116 files, yet when I open it there are only 76 tunes/files there?.I'm guessing that for some reason its only showing me the mp3 formats and not any others.I've tried the "Show hidden files" etc with no luck.I'm fairly sure this is just a folder options problem that I'm overlooking.But in all genres together Im missing nearly 2,000 tunes, Many thanks in advance

Ma6ician 17:56 29 Dec 2008

Hi, anyone any ideas on this prob ?

canarieslover 18:48 29 Dec 2008

I've just been checking my music folders, both wma and mp3 encoded. I keep mine as complete albums and I find that almost every album that I have ripped has five more files showing in 'Properties' than there are actually in the folder. The only clue that i have regarding this is when I Copy & Paste album folders to my MP3 player I get a message 'Do you wish to transfer album art?' As these 'art' files do not show in the folder I guess that they must be hidden files but I cannot find a way to reveal them. I would suggest that it is the same thing that your 'Properties' is showing and not music files gone missing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?