missing module C:\program~1\Yahoo!

firestormbob 18:41 12 Jun 2008

hi, hope somone can help me.

Iv got a laptop and im running vista home premium. When im on websites and i want to use the CONTACT US button i get the following message:

Error Loading

C:\Program~1\Yahoo!\Common\ymmap.dll

Im new to laptops and win vista and i am finding vista a bit difficult to get used to.

I did find the thing that is missing on yahoo website and downloaded it but it still doesnt work.

All advice welcome :o)

Linda.

brundle 21:38 12 Jun 2008

click here

You'll need to put the file in the "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\" folder in your case, if Vista will let you.

Otherwise look through the list of installed programs for Yahoo items, remove any you find that you don't use, remove and reinstall any you do.

firestormbob 21:21 13 Jun 2008

hi, iv tried to open the file and put it where u told me to but when i try to open it it says it could permanently damage my system.

i was thinking of taking the laptop back to factory and putting win xp in instead as i neva had any trouble with that.

wot do you think?

brundle 16:40 15 Jun 2008

Just a standard warning, I'm not saying you should ignore all warnings of that kind but it's counter-productive in this instance. Create a restore point first. click here

As for re-installing XP - depends on the age of the machine, some manufacturer's don't do XP drivers for their recent models. If it's one you upgraded yourself, the choice is yours.

firestormbob 17:24 15 Jun 2008

hey thanks for that :o)

I'll let you know how i get on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?