Missing Marscore.Dll File

J. I. 17:45 04 Jul 2003

When I Go To Start.-Programes.-Help and Support the following Message appears on Desktop.--Help and Support Error x. Marscore.Dll not found. I am unable to access Help and Support. A friend E/Mailed me the missing file. Using the Cut and Paste method I pasted it into c:\windows\system 32 as instructed. A check confirms the missing file has been transfered successfully. Unfortunately I still receive the same message each time I click on Help and Support. It will be greatly appreciated if any out there in the Blue Yonder can tell me what I need to do to get the Programe back. My computer is XP Home edition.
Desperate-John

spikeychris 18:00 04 Jul 2003

Line 201 in click here copying and pasting into system is not the way to do it.

Chris

Sparks 18:08 04 Jul 2003

Also thisclick here from an old thread may help

Jamie.com 18:09 04 Jul 2003

Keep this: The Free-Dynamic Link Library

click here

spikeychris 18:13 04 Jul 2003

Just to find out. Have you upgraded lately? as this isn't an XP file.

spikeychris 18:15 04 Jul 2003

Didn't read the above when I posted. It would appear that the .DLL is a WinME file and would sit in C:\WINDOWS\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\Binaries

Sparks 18:31 04 Jul 2003

Try typing the file name in Google, it turns up some results.

J. I. 14:12 08 Jul 2003

Thanks to the info received from Chris it was possible to determine the cause. Doing the Windows File Protection check via Start & Run. It become evident there was a interaction between my old WINME & upgraded WINXP. The answer will be to remove all traces of WINME & reinstall XP as a stand alone System. Once again my thanks to Chris
Not desperate anymore. John.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?