Missing Internet Address Bar

standby 18:53 30 Oct 2005

Cheers,

I am seeking help to reinstate a missing Microsoft Internet Address Bar. This item vanished after updating Adobe Reader which, in the event, failed due to 'phone cut off when it was found that the Explorer Bar had been replaced with a Wanadoo Search Bar.

Clicking on the small arrow next to the Wanadoo logo in order to uninstall fails to remove the problem and because only Freeserve is mentioned in the Add/Remove program, removal in that area is not possible either. Removal of the Freeserve installation kit could invite trouble beyond my limited ability should it be the wrong move.

I miss the convenient drop down address list available with the original system but Wanadoo Customer Services could only advise the the above. Help would be appreciated.

Best regards....standby

PaulB2005 18:55 30 Oct 2005

Right click the toolbar and see if Address Bar is ticked.

cycoze 18:56 30 Oct 2005

Have you tried right clicking IE`s tool bar and checking there is a tick besides "address bar" ?

standby 19:17 30 Oct 2005

PaulB2005 and cycoze,

Many thanks for your help. When I click the toolbar only Freeserve appears and is ticked.
Remove the tick and the Wanadoo Bar is removed but there is no replacement Address Bar to take over.

I installed Google search earlier so I do have an alternative, thinking that uninstallation of this might provide a solution I tried without result so reinstalled Google.

Thanks again...standby

VoG II 19:21 30 Oct 2005

Right click the toolbar area and click Lock the Toolbars to unlock them.

Then click the mouse on the toolbar, keep the button pressed, and drag down. The missing address bar may appear.

standby 20:04 30 Oct 2005

VoG.tm

No success but thanks anyway.

Regards...standby

VoG II 20:06 30 Oct 2005

Two fixes if you click here

PaulB2005 00:15 31 Oct 2005

What about "Standadr Buttons" - is this listed?

standby 09:46 31 Oct 2005

VoG tm

Many thanks Address Bar restored in no time whatever...that site is one to remember.

Appreciate help everyone.

Standby

The big F 11:00 21 Mar 2006

To VoG, thanks for your advice about unlocking, I now have an address bar which I can use

Very appreciative, regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?