Missing icon in bar at bottom right.

DANZIG 08:45 11 Jun 2008

Turned my laptop on last night and was surprised to notice that one of the icons that is normally resident in the task bar at the bottom right of the screen has disappeared.

Its the one that shows what happening on my wireless network (looks like two tv screens with a changeable picture in between them which shows a globe when its working correctly)

Tried to customise the task bar this morning, and the option to show network activity is whited out and impossible to change.

What has happened?

BTW, I can connect to the 'net - obviously, here I am!!

BurrWalnut 09:21 11 Jun 2008

XP
Go to Control Panel > Network Connections and right-click LAN > Properties > General Tab and put a tick in ‘Show icon in ………’.

VISTA
Right-click the Taskbar > Properties > Notification Area Tab and select it.

Chris the Ancient 09:22 11 Jun 2008

Depends on the version of Windows,

With XP, right click on the bottom toolbar, select properties, in the Notification area, click on Customize and then you can select which icons show all the time, hidden always or hidden when inactive.

HTH

CtA

Chris the Ancient 09:23 11 Jun 2008

Simultaneous answers!

DANZIG 10:24 11 Jun 2008

Thanks but I've tried that.

Vista (for thats what it is) won't allow me to select it. 'Clock' and 'Power' it will allow me to change but 'volume' and 'network', it won't.

The only change I've made recently is install the 'Rocket dock' thing. And it was OK after I did that.

DANZIG 11:54 11 Jun 2008

Should also have mentionned that the volume control has gone as well..

sinbads 13:21 11 Jun 2008

ok try this method click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?