Missing folder!

Rick_X 00:51 23 Apr 2005

In my 'Documents and Settings' folder my 'All Users' folder has disappeared. It is still there as a quick search demonstrates but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get the folder back. I'm running XP Pro SP2, anybody have any ideas, it's driving me crazy! Cheers

curlylad 01:21 23 Apr 2005

If I understand you correctly then when you do a quick search for All Users it appears in the right hand pane , open another window with the Documents and Settings folder in it , click the Documents and Settings folder to open it , then drag and drop the All Users folder into the Documents and Settings window !

Rick_X 11:00 23 Apr 2005

Thanks curlylad but sadly it doesn't appear to be that simple. When I search I can see sub-folders contained within it eg C:\Doc~Sett\All Users\Start Menu but when I search for the 'All Users' folder itself it can't be found. It's really strange

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:22 23 Apr 2005

My computer - tools -folder options -view tab- tick show hidden files and folders.

Rick_X 11:23 23 Apr 2005

I found an option in 'Folder options>View' I had never seen before 'Hide protected operating system files', unclicked this and voila!
Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?