Missing files when installing camera

Teasle 13:58 01 Jan 2004

Please can anybody help.
I have tried to install a new digital camera to my pc but I get a dialogue box which is headed 'New Hardware found' but says it is trying to install micro tv/vide connection and can I insert windows 98se cdrom as it can't find the following files:-
iyuv_32.dll
vfwwdm32.dll
vfwwdm32.drv
stream.sys
msh263.drv
I do not have a windows 98 cdrom so have tried on google to copy the files which I have been able to do for the first two but the others I can't find and wondered if any body knows an easy way for me to install my camera.

anchor 14:11 01 Jan 2004

If you give the full details of your camera, perhaps someone with the same, or similar, model may be able to assist.

Sheila-214876 14:18 01 Jan 2004

I think the best way round this is to buy a Card Reader. I bought a USB 7 in 1 Card Reader on Ebuyer for £6.99 plus postage. Saves an awful lot of hassle. Install was easy and it takes all Camera Memory Cards. Go to click here and enter 48182 into the Quickfind search engine.

anchor 14:24 01 Jan 2004

I agree with ennuye; a Card Reader is much easier. I have had a few digital cameras, and have found this is by far the easiest way to download the pics.

However, some digital cameras have built in memory, and then it is necessary to download directly from the camera. As we don`t know your model, it is impossible to comment further.

Teasle 14:27 01 Jan 2004

Thank you for your responses.
The camera is a Trust910z. I would try their support desk but they are on holiday at the moment so I thought I would try here first.
Thanks ennuye for the suggestion of a card reader, I may go down this route anyway if it makes it all so much easier.

Sheila-214876 14:52 01 Jan 2004

According to my Trust Catalogue the 910Z is a 5mp with 3x optical and 4x digital zoom. 15mb built in memory which should be enough for a maximum of 35 pictures depending on the resolution. It also takes an SD/MMC memory card. Personally I would forget the built in memory and buy a 128mb SD memory card (also available from Ebuyer at £25.99 part nbr 42770) I bought both the card reader and memory card for my new camera at a total cost of £42.63 including VAT and Postage. If you are only using the built in memory then obviously you will need to connect the camera to the computer to download the pictures. If you buy a memory card you should be able to transfer the built in pictures to the card and then download to the computer via a card reader.

Peanut001 15:05 01 Jan 2004

try click here they have pretty much all drivers u need for anything.
Also there is a site with all system files available for download (all windows versions as far as i remember) but can't think of address if anyone else knows it.
I'll have a look and see if i can get it for ya.

Peanut001 15:41 01 Jan 2004

heres a site with win98 dll files, havn't used this one before so upto u to try.
click here

Teasle 16:11 01 Jan 2004

Thanks ennuye for the tip about the extra memory card. I have bought this with the camara but because I've only had the camera 2 days, I was going to use the internal memory first then on to the external memory but so far have photos on internal memory only.
Thanks Peanut001. I will explore driverguide.com tomorrow and hopefully find the answer there. The second site you recomend is where I found the first of the files mentioned in my original query but can't find the .drv files there.

Peanut001 16:36 01 Jan 2004

y not ask friends if u can borrow there win98 cd, or buy one on ebay, they go for next to nothing these days.

Sheila-214876 16:50 01 Jan 2004

If you use driverguide.com select "member login" item 3 and type in drivers as the ID and all as the password. You won't need to register then.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?