Missing Ethernet Controller Drivers

Simmpy 19:03 16 Feb 2009

I have just re-installed Windows XP and I now can't connect to the internet. If I check the system via the Device Manager I can tell that the drivers for the Ethernet Controller have not been installed. The PC is a five year old Evesham. How can I resolve this & where can I get the drivers from? Thanks in anticipation.

T I M B O 19:09 16 Feb 2009

You need to go to the manufacturers web site and download the up to date drivers for that model. When and if you do find the drivers, be sure to burn a copy to a cd, then if at a later date you format again, you will already have drivers ready for you.

Simmpy 19:12 16 Feb 2009

Thanks Timbo but its Evesham who have gone out of business, and I have had no luck with them over another issue recently?

MAJ 19:15 16 Feb 2009

Make and model of the ethernet card?

MAJ 19:16 16 Feb 2009

Sorry, it's not a card is it? Make and model of motherboard?

Simmpy 20:23 16 Feb 2009

Maj that's a good question, after digging around I've found that its a MSI MS-6729(v1.X) ATX Mainboard. Thanks

T0SH 20:47 16 Feb 2009

Information on your mother board MSI part number MS-6729 here may help you out

click here

Cheers HC

martjc 21:00 16 Feb 2009

...live update of Mainboard drivers...

click here

Simmpy 22:51 16 Feb 2009

TOSH, martjc, many thanks I will look into this, intially this seems to be about upgrading and you need to be online with the computer in question, obviously I can't do that. I am on this thread through another computer. Will explore more closely tomorrow - many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?