Missing e-mails Outlook Express

HuskyDoc 23:34 05 Aug 2004

When I click send/receive, I am shown as receiving, say, 6 files but when the downloading stops, I can only see 2 or 3. I found today that it appears they are being deleted before I can read them and then they appear in the deleted folder but printed in red. What can be causing this. It sounds too daft to be a virus but I am suspicious because, having paid Symantec for a further years live update, I keep being bounced from the update site. They have now got all details, i.e. order number, date I paid by debit card, a/c ID etc. but to date, no live updates! Could that be a possibility? Huskydoc

boot-it-out 08:35 06 Aug 2004

Check your junk mail settings to see if this is causing the problem, either for a particular sender or an entire domain - if these options are selected it does not prevent the mail being sent to you but puts it straight in th ebin, and this sounds like what you are experiencing.

User-312386 08:38 06 Aug 2004

is this a hotmail account?

HuskyDoc 10:00 06 Aug 2004

Yes, I think something has gone wrong with my mail rules settings. It is telling OE to shove loads of "Good" messages into deleted folder and printing them in red.
I need to find out now what has gone wrong. will be to delete all mail rules 'cos I didn't put 'em in, must be either Mailwasher or Norton anti virus. That's all I can think of.
BTW I don't use hotmail. Yeuk!!
Docusk

HuskyDoc 10:12 06 Aug 2004

Meant to say, thanks guys, always dependable the lot of you! What would we do without you?
Huskydoc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?