missing drivers after xp repair

bob308w 07:37 02 Jan 2007

I did an XP repair installation and then found some items not working, sound, video etc. Running a driver check from a downloaded programme I found that several drivers were missing; Realtec RTL8139 fast ethernet NIC, Epson driver, Realtec AC97 and Standard dual channel PCI IDE controller. I have re-installed the printer programme, and downloaded the two Realtec drivers. I now have sound and video working but not the printer. What do the PCI IDE drivers control, and where can I find them to re-install?

SLAYER 11:55 02 Jan 2007

If you go to start/help and support/windows update/express,It will scan your pc and list thr driver updates needed.Download and install.

Alternatively go to epson.click here put in you printer details,download driver.

The pci ide driveRs should be on your mobo disk.

bob308w 12:06 02 Jan 2007

What is a mobo disc?

HondaMan 12:16 02 Jan 2007

NT

keef66 12:16 02 Jan 2007

mobo disc:- a CD which comes with a new motherboard or PC and which contains the necessary drivers and utilities. I take it you haven't got one since you're downloading stuff from the web.

Sometimes the files are placed on a small, sometimes hidden, partition on the hard drive.

bob308w 12:21 02 Jan 2007

I have one but it's over a year old, I thought I may get up to date files from the web. As I am still having problems i'll try it and get back.

keef66 12:26 02 Jan 2007

alternatively go to the website of your motherboard manufacturer. They often provide a download section for each model of motherboard. Make sure you choose the correct model though; some differ by only one letter or number!

For the printer driver go to Epson.

bob308w 13:53 02 Jan 2007

I've downloaded the printer driver from the epson site and the CD, still no success. When I go to the windows update site, i get a list of about 10 errors, it's getting close to a complete re-install now!

bob308w 13:56 02 Jan 2007

I've just put the motherboard CD in to re-install and got the message "cannot support this motherboard", time to give up I think.

keef66 09:45 03 Jan 2007

Are you sure that CD belongs to that motherboard?

keef66 09:48 03 Jan 2007

If you are able to back up any files you need, a clean install may be the quickest / most practical way of resolving your problems.

Anybody know if bob308w can use the Files & Settings Transfer Wizard to do the backup and restore easily??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?