missing dll

Arthur Dungate 08:35 23 Mar 2003

On my HP Pavilion 7921 PC is included Pinnacle's video editing prog Studio 7. The PC runs Win XP Home. I have no CD as the back-up is a hidden image on the hard drive. The Studio 7 prog does not open, giving a message that file "langserve.dll" is missing.

I have tried re-installing with System Restore, but that file is still missing. Pinnacle will not help, wanting me to buy version 8 (my bundled version is 7.4.11.0). HP Support cannot help, either. Is there anyone who can either supply me with this missing file, or tell me wehere I can download it (the dll libraries, as found by Google, do not have it) ?

Stuartli 08:42 23 Mar 2003

You might have the error message wrong - I've tried it in google and, like you, got no response.

That suggests the dll listed is not correct as google normally brings up a number of sources.

Arthur Dungate 08:50 23 Mar 2003

The error message is "This application has failed to start because langserve.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem".

Except that it doesn't!

Arthur Dungate 08:52 23 Mar 2003

Pardon my typo - the file is called langserv.dll
But it *still* is not found!

MAJ 09:08 23 Mar 2003

If you want, Arthur Dungate, email me and I will send you the langserv.dll file. It should be placed in the C:\Windows\system32 folder.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?